Updated April 1, 2021
Dear Genesis Patients,
Your health and safety is of the utmost importance to us at Genesis. The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a pandemic affecting virtually all aspects of our lives. Here are our new patient policies as we move forward with ensuring we at Genesis are able to provide you with safe and effective fertility care:
1) You are required to wear a cloth or medical grade face mask on entering the facility and leave the face mask on while you are in all areas of the building. All our Genesis staff will also be wearing face masks.
2) The NYS DOH has updated it guidance regarding visitors in an outpatient setting: “Effective April 1, 2021, Individuals may bring a companion with them to healthcare appointments.” In compliance with the NYS DOH, all in-person diagnostic and monitoring appointments, including ultrasound and phlebotomy visits, and any procedures (endometrial biopsy, intrauterine inseminations, embryo transfers) will be limited to the patient and one companion only. Should you wish additional family members to be part of your visit, at the discretion of your healthcare provider, a video-conference may be arranged.
3) All patients and companions will have their temperature taken before proceeding into our office.
4) NYS DOH Travel Guidelines: Effective April 1, 2021 international travelers, regardless of vaccination status, will have to quarantine for at least 7 days from the date of return; with a negative test between day 3-5 from the date of return. If no test is completed, the quarantine period is 10 days. Please do not come into the center during your mandatory NYS quarantine. Kindly notify us at least 24 hours prior to your visit on 718-283-8600 to reschedule your appointment or switch to a telehealth appointment.
5) If you or anyone you live with or are in close contact with have any COVID-19 symptoms (e.g. fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath) or have tested positive for COVID-19, kindly notify us at least 24 hours prior to your visit on 718-283-8600 to reschedule your appointment. Please do not come into the center if you have any symptoms of COVID-19.
6) Please arrive at the office on time for your visit to avoid overcrowding in the waiting area.
7) Be sure to maintain a 6-foot distance from all other patients and companions, especially in the waiting area.
8) Please follow the CDC recommendations on use of hand sanitizer and hand washing.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during these challenging times. We at Genesis aim to continue to provide you with safe and effective fertility care during this unprecedented time. Please reach out to us if you have questions regarding these new policies and how COVID-19 will affect your fertility care. We look forward to your next visit.
Best wishes and be safe,
Staff at Genesis