Updated August 12, 2021
Dear GENESIS Patients,
Your health and safety is of the utmost importance to us at GENESIS. COVID-19 is a pandemic affecting virtually all aspects of our lives. Here are our new patient policies as we move forward with ensuring we at GENESIS are able to provide you with safe and effective fertility care:
1) As per the CDC, face coverings are still mandatory, regardless of vaccination status, in healthcare facilities. Please continue to wear a mask when visiting GENESIS.
2) The NYS DOH has updated it guidance regarding visitors in an outpatient setting: “Effective April 1, 2021, Individuals may bring a companion with them to healthcare appointments.” In compliance with the NYS DOH, all in-person diagnostic and monitoring appointments, including ultrasound and phlebotomy visits, and any procedures (endometrial biopsy, intrauterine inseminations, embryo transfers) will be limited to the patient and one companion only. Should you wish additional family members to be part of your visit, at the discretion of your healthcare provider, a video-conference may be arranged.
3) If you or anyone you live with or are in close contact with have any COVID-19 symptoms (e.g. fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath) or have tested positive for COVID-19, kindly notify us at least 24 hours prior to your visit on 718-283-8600 to reschedule your appointment. Please do not come into the center if you have any symptoms of COVID-19.
4) Please arrive at the office on time for your visit to avoid overcrowding in the waiting area.
5) Be sure to maintain social distancing from all other patients and companions, especially in the waiting areas.
6) Please follow the CDC recommendations on use of hand sanitizer and hand washing.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We at GENESIS aim to continue to provide you with safe and effective fertility care during these challenging times. Please reach out to us if you have questions regarding these policies and how COVID-19 will affect your fertility care. We look forward to your next visit.
Best wishes and be safe,
Staff at GENESIS