Dear Genesis Patients,
Your health and safety is of the utmost importance to us at Genesis. The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a pandemic affecting virtually all aspects of our lives. Here are our new patient policies as we move forward with ensuring we at Genesis are able to provide you with safe and effective fertility care:
1) You are now required to wear a cloth or medical grade face mask on entering the facility and leave the face mask on while you are in all areas of the building. All our Genesis staff will also be wearing face masks.
2) We now have a no-partner policy for all visits to Genesis. No partners or guests will be allowed to enter the office. All in-person diagnostic and monitoring appointments, including ultrasound and phlebotomy visits, and any procedures (endometrial biopsy, intrauterine inseminations, embryo transfers) will now be limited to the patient only. Should you wish for your partner to be part of your visit, at the discretion of your healthcare provider, a video-conference may be arranged.
3) If you or anyone you live with or are in close contact with have any COVID-19 symptoms (e.g. fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath) or have tested positive for COVID-19, kindly notify us at least 24 hours prior to your visit on 718-283-8600 to reschedule your appointment. Please do not come into the center if you have any symptoms of COVID-19.
4) Please arrive at the office on time for your visit to avoid overcrowding in the waiting area.
5) Be sure to maintain a 6-foot distance from all other patients, especially in the waiting area.
6) Please follow the CDC recommendations on use of hand sanitizer and hand washing.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during these challenging times. We at Genesis aim to continue to provide you with safe and effective fertility care during this unprecedented time. Please reach out to us if you have questions regarding these new policies and how COVID-19 will affect your fertility care. We look forward to your next visit.
Best wishes and be safe,
Staff at Genesis