GENESIS Fertility & Reproductive Medicine is the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at Maimonides Medical Center with offices in Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and Long Island. Our physicians all have subspecialty training in this field. All of our support personnel, including nurses, scientists, administrators and other professionals who work at the GENESIS program have special expertise in caring for infertile patients.
GENESIS offers comprehensive care, all under one roof, for couples and individuals with infertility. Treatment plans may range from simple medical therapy to surgery to advanced assisted reproductive technologies. The suggested treatment is always designed to meet the specific needs of each patient.
The administrative and operational staffs that work with our health professionals are dedicated to keeping your journey to parenthood as smooth as possible. To that end, the GENESIS center is open 365 days a year. In all aspects of our work, we demonstrate our commitment to putting Patients First by:
- Delivering cutting-edge, customized treatment for infertility;
- Providing a warm and compassionate environment where the privacy and individual needs of patients are respected;
- Embracing teamwork and working together in a collaborative, professional manner; and
- Pursuing excellence and achieving outstanding results by providing state-of-the-art treatment using the most sophisticated technology.
Our Mission Statement
At GENESIS, our mission is to help patients realize the dream of parenthood. We deliver high quality, comprehensive care for infertility in an environment that addresses the personal needs and privacy of every patient.
Gold Standards of the GENESIS practice
- GENESIS is a place where the expert and compassionate care of our patients is our highest mission.
- We pledge to provide the most appropriate and cutting edge care to our patients in a comfortable environment.
- Patients at GENESIS will experience care that instills both confidence and hope while addressing their expressed and unexpressed needs and concerns.
At GENESIS we are a family of professionals dedicated to building the families of our patients. This motto exemplifies the anticipatory service provided by all staff.
Three Steps of Service
- A warm and sincere greeting. Use the patient’s (first) name.
- Anticipation and fulfillment of each patient’s needs.
- Fond farewell. Give a warm good-bye and use the patient’s name.
Service Values: I Am Proud To Be GENESIS
- I build strong relationships with patients until they have achieved their goal.
- I am always responsive to the expressed and unexpressed wishes and needs of our patients.
- I am empowered to create unique, memorable and productive experiences for our patients.
- I understand my role in helping each and every patient to achieve her goal.
- I continuously seek opportunities to innovate and improve The GENESIS experience.
- I own and immediately resolve patient problems.
- I create a work environment of teamwork and lateral service so that the needs of our patients and each other are met.
- I have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow.
- I am involved in the planning of the work that affects me.
- I am proud of my professional appearance, language and behavior.
- I protect the privacy and safety of our patients, my fellow employees and the confidential information and assets of GENESIS.
- I am responsible for uncompromising levels of cleanliness and creating a safe and accident-free environment.
The Employee Promise
At GENESIS, our staff is the most important resource in our service commitment to our patients.
By applying the principles of professionalism, trust, honesty, respect, integrity and commitment, we nurture and maximize talent to the benefit of each patient, staff member and the GENESIS practice.
GENESIS fosters a work environment where diversity is valued, quality of life is enhanced, individual aspirations are fulfilled, and the stellar reputation of GENESIS is strengthened.